Hawaii Business Licenses
General Guides & Resources
Get step-by-step guidance for forming and running a compliant organization in Hawaii
Licenses for Regulated Industries
Explore resources for firms in licensed professions like engineering and construction.
Learn what filings to submit to state agencies throughout an organization’s lifecycle.
Get all the information you need to register for state taxes or apply for tax exemption.
State Licensing Agencies
Access state agencies responsible for licensing and regulating Hawaii organizations.
General Hawaii Guides & Resources
These guides provide detailed, step-by-step instructions for starting a business or nonprofit, registering with state authorities, and establishing a compliant organization.
Fast easy instructions and affordable support for filing your Hawaii annual report.
Get your Hawaii business license. Harbor Compliance assists with initial and renewal registrations in every state.
Get your Hawaii construction licenses. Harbor Compliance assists with initial and renewal registrations in every state.
Licensing guide for energy industry registrations and licenses in Hawaii. Find detailed application, renewal, and reporting requirements.
If you are looking to obtain a finance license in Hawaii, Harbor Compliance can help.
Total cost, time, and step-by-step instructions to form a limited liability company in Hawaii. Do it yourself or purchase our formation service.
Total cost, time, and step-by-step instructions on how to incorporate in Hawaii. Do it yourself or purchase our incorporation service.
Hawaii Business Licensing Guides and Information.
Total time, cost, and paperwork to start your business in Hawaii today! Our affordable formation services are state-specific.
Total cost, time, and how to start a nonprofit in Hawaii. Instruction and services to assist with your non-profit formation.
Comprehensive solutions (and free resources) to help manage your fundraising, tax exemption, license renewals, and other nonprofit compliance activities in Hawaii, and across the US.
Hawaii Business Licenses for Regulated Industries
Our licensing guides provide a wealth of information including requirements, filing instructions, fees, timelines to licensure, and more for a range of industries and activities.
Hawaii Corporate Filings
These web pages provide detailed information on state filings required to form an entity, register a name, gain authority to operate, maintain good standing, and more.
Hawaii Tax Filings
Find the information you need to register for state taxes or seek tax exemptions.
- Hawaii Employer (Payroll & Withholding Tax) Registration Service
- Hawaii Sales & Use Tax Registration Service
- Hawaii Sales Tax Exemption
- Hawaii Tax Clearance Certificate
- Hawaii Tax Exemption
Hawaii State Licensing Agencies
Below is a listing of the state-level licensing agencies within Hawaii that a business should check for business license requirements.
- Board of Acupuncture
- Board of Barbering and Cosmetology
- Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- Board of Contractors
- Board of Dental Examiners
- Board of Electricians and Plumbers
- Board of Massage Therapy
- Board of Naturopathic Medicine
- Board of Nursing
- Board of Optometry
- Board of Pharmacy
- Board of Physical Therapy
- Board of Private Detectives and Guards
- Board of Professional Engineers, Architects, Surveyors & Landscape Architects
- Board of Psychology
- Board of Public Accountancy
- Board of Speech Pathology and Audiology
- Board of Veterinary Examiners
- Boxing Commission
- Business Registration Division (BREG)
- Contractors License Board
- Department of Agriculture - Plant Industry Division
- Department of Agriculture - Quality Assurance Division
- Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs - Insurance Division
- Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs - Professional and Vocational Licensing
- Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs - Professional and Vocational Licensing: Collection Agency Licensing Area
- Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs - Professional and Vocational Licensing: Private Detective and Guard Licensing Area
- Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs - Real Estate Branch
- Department of Health - Asbestos Program
- Department of Health - Office of Health Care Assurance
- Department of Labor and Industrial Relations
- Department of Labor and Industrial Relations - Unemployment Insurance Division
- Department of Public Safety - Narcotics Enforcement Division
- Department of Taxation
- Elevator Mechanics Licensing Board
- Medical Board
- Motor Vehicle Industry Licensing Board
- Motor Vehicle Repair Industry Board
- Office of the Lieutenant Governor
- Pest Control Board
- Professional and Vocational Licensing Division (PVL)
- Tax and Charities Division
Hawaii Local Business Licences
Below is a listing of the local jurisdictions within Hawaii that a business should check for local business license requirements.
County / Parish
- Hawaii County
- Honolulu County
- Kalawao County
- Kauai County
- Maui County
City / Borough / Municipality / Neighborhood
- Captain Cook
- Ewa Beach
- Ewa Gentry
- Ewa Villages
- Hickam Field
- Lanai City
- Marine Corps Base Hawaii
- Mountain View
- Pearl City
- Schofield Barracks
- Village Park
- Waikoloa Village
- Wheeler Army Airfield