West Virginia Business Licenses
General Guides & Resources
Get step-by-step guidance for forming and running a compliant organization in West Virginia
Licenses for Regulated Industries
Explore resources for firms in licensed professions like engineering and construction.
Learn what filings to submit to state agencies throughout an organization’s lifecycle.
Get all the information you need to register for state taxes or apply for tax exemption.
State Licensing Agencies
Access state agencies responsible for licensing and regulating West Virginia organizations.
General West Virginia Guides & Resources
These guides provide detailed, step-by-step instructions for starting a business or nonprofit, registering with state authorities, and establishing a compliant organization.
Fast easy instructions and affordable support for filing your West Virginia annual report.
Get your West Virginia business license. Harbor Compliance assists with initial and renewal registrations in every state.
Get your West Virginia construction licenses. Harbor Compliance assists with initial and renewal registrations in every state.
Licensing guide for energy industry registrations and licenses in West Virginia. Find detailed application, renewal, and reporting requirements.
If you are looking to obtain a finance license in West Virginia, Harbor Compliance can help.
Total cost, time, and step-by-step instructions to form a limited liability company in West Virginia. Do it yourself or purchase our formation service.
Total cost, time, and step-by-step instructions on how to incorporate in West Virginia. Do it yourself or purchase our incorporation service.
West Virginia Business Licensing Guides and Information.
Total time, cost, and paperwork to start your business in West Virginia today! Our affordable formation services are state-specific.
Total cost, time, and how to start a nonprofit in West Virginia. Instruction and services to assist with your non-profit formation.
Comprehensive solutions (and free resources) to help manage your fundraising, tax exemption, license renewals, and other nonprofit compliance activities in West Virginia, and across the US.
West Virginia Business Licenses for Regulated Industries
Our licensing guides provide a wealth of information including requirements, filing instructions, fees, timelines to licensure, and more for a range of industries and activities.
West Virginia Corporate Filings
These web pages provide detailed information on state filings required to form an entity, register a name, gain authority to operate, maintain good standing, and more.
- West Virginia Certificate of Good Standing / Existence
- West Virginia Certificate of Merger
- West Virginia Certification - Authentication
- West Virginia Corporation LLC Nonprofit Amendment
- West Virginia Entity Name Reservation
- West Virginia Fictitious Name Registration & Renewal
- West Virginia Nonprofit Articles of Incorporation
- West Virginia Registered Agent Information & Service
West Virginia Tax Filings
Find the information you need to register for state taxes or seek tax exemptions.
- West Virginia Employer (Payroll & Withholding Tax) Registration Service
- West Virginia Sales & Use Tax Registration Service
- West Virginia Sales Tax Exemption
- West Virginia Tax Clearance Certificate
- West Virginia Tax Exemption
West Virginia State Licensing Agencies
Below is a listing of the state-level licensing agencies within West Virginia that a business should check for business license requirements.
- State of Offices of the Insurance Commissioner (WV)
- Board of Accountancy
- Board of Architects
- Board of Landscape Architects
- Board of Pharmacy
- Board of Professional Surveyors
- Board of Registration for Professional Engineers
- Department of Health and Human Resources - Radiation, Toxics, & Indoor Air Division
- Division of Labor
- Division of Labor - Consumer Safety
- Division of Labor - Licensing Section
- Division of Labor - Weights & Measures
- Fire Commission - Regulatory and Licensing Division
- Office of Environmental Health Services Radiation, Toxics & Indoor Air Division
- Offices of the Insurance Commissioner
- Offices of the Insurance Commissioner - Financial Conditions Division - Professional Employer Organization Licensing Unit
- Real Estate Commission
- Secretary of State - Business and Licensing Division
- Secretary of State - Charitable Organizations Division
- State Tax Department
West Virginia Local Business Licences
Below is a listing of the local jurisdictions within West Virginia that a business should check for local business license requirements.
County / Parish
- Barbour County
- Berkeley County
- Boone County
- Braxton County
- Brooke County
- Cabell County
- Calhoun County
- Clay County
- Doddridge County
- Fayette County
- Gilmer County
- Grant County
- Greenbrier County
- Hampshire County
- Hancock County
- Hardy County
- Harrison County
- Jackson County
- Jefferson County
- Kanawha County
- Lewis County
- Lincoln County
- Logan County
- Marion County
- Marshall County
- Mason County
- McDowell County
- Mercer County
- Mineral County
- Mingo County
- Monongalia County
- Monroe County
- Morgan County
- Nicholas County
- Ohio County
- Pendleton County
- Pleasants County
- Pocahontas County
- Preston County
- Putnam County
- Raleigh County
- Randolph County
- Ritchie County
- Roane County
- Summers County
- Taylor County
- Tucker County
- Tyler County
- Upshur County
- Wayne County
- Webster County
- Wetzel County
- Wirt County
- Wood County
- Wyoming County
City / Borough / Municipality / Neighborhood
- Berkeley Springs
- Bruceton Mills
- Bunker Hill
- Cedar Grove
- Charles Town
- Cross Lanes
- Falling Waters
- Fort Ashby
- Gauley Bridge
- Glen Dale
- Green Bank
- Green Spring
- Harpers Ferry
- Lost City
- Mount Clare
- Mount Hope
- New Cumberland
- New Martinsville
- Oak Hill
- Old Fields
- Point Pleasant
- Red House
- Saint Albans
- Saint Marys
- Scott Depot
- Shady Spring
- South Charleston
- Sugar Grove
- Teays Valley
- Valley Grove
- Webster Springs
- West Union
- White Hall
- White Sulphur Springs