Rhode Island Business Licenses
General Guides & Resources
Get step-by-step guidance for forming and running a compliant organization in Rhode Island
Licenses for Regulated Industries
Explore resources for firms in licensed professions like engineering and construction.
Learn what filings to submit to state agencies throughout an organization’s lifecycle.
Get all the information you need to register for state taxes or apply for tax exemption.
State Licensing Agencies
Access state agencies responsible for licensing and regulating Rhode Island organizations.
General Rhode Island Guides & Resources
These guides provide detailed, step-by-step instructions for starting a business or nonprofit, registering with state authorities, and establishing a compliant organization.
Fast easy instructions and affordable support for filing your Rhode Island annual report.
Get your Rhode Island construction licenses. Harbor Compliance assists with initial and renewal registrations in every state.
Total cost, time, and step-by-step instructions to form a limited liability company in Rhode Island. Do it yourself or purchase our formation service.
Total cost, time, and step-by-step instructions on how to incorporate in Rhode Island. Do it yourself or purchase our incorporation service.
Rhode Island Business Licensing Guides and Information.
Total time, cost, and paperwork to start your business in Rhode Island today! Our affordable formation services are state-specific.
Total cost, time, and how to start a nonprofit in Rhode Island. Instruction and services to assist with your non-profit formation.
Comprehensive solutions (and free resources) to help manage your fundraising, tax exemption, license renewals, and other nonprofit compliance activities in Rhode Island, and across the US.
Rhode Island Business Licenses for Regulated Industries
Our licensing guides provide a wealth of information including requirements, filing instructions, fees, timelines to licensure, and more for a range of industries and activities.
Rhode Island Corporate Filings
These web pages provide detailed information on state filings required to form an entity, register a name, gain authority to operate, maintain good standing, and more.
- Reinstate Rhode Island Corporation LLC Nonprofit
- Rhode Island Apostille - Authentication
- Rhode Island Articles of Incorporation
- Rhode Island Articles of Organization
- Rhode Island Certificate of Authority
- Rhode Island Certificate of Cancellation Service
- Rhode Island Certificate of Good Standing / Existence
- Rhode Island Certification - Authentication
- Rhode Island Corporation LLC Nonprofit Amendment
- Rhode Island DBA
- Rhode Island Entity Name Reservation
- Rhode Island Fictitious Name Registration & Renewal
- Rhode Island Nonprofit Articles of Incorporation
- Rhode Island Registered Agent (Resident Agent)
- Start a Rhode Island 501(c)(3)
Rhode Island Tax Filings
Find the information you need to register for state taxes or seek tax exemptions.
- Rhode Island Employer (Payroll & Withholding Tax) Registration Service
- Rhode Island Sales & Use Tax Registration Service
- Rhode Island Sales Tax Exemption
- Rhode Island Tax Exemption
Rhode Island State Licensing Agencies
Below is a listing of the state-level licensing agencies within Rhode Island that a business should check for business license requirements.
- Attorney General
- Board of Accountancy
- Board of Examiners of Landscape Architects
- Board of Pharmacy
- Contractors Registration and Licensing Board
- Department of Business Regulation
- Department of Business Regulation - Division of Banking
- Department of Business Regulation - Real Estate Section
- Department of Environmental Management - Licensing & Registration
- Department of Health
- Department of Health - Asbestos Control Program
- Department of Health - Licensing Unit
- Department of Labor and Training - Workforce Regulation and Safety
- Department of Labor and Training (DLT) - Professional Regulations
- Department of Revenue - Division of Taxation
- Division of Design Professionals
- Division of Insurance Regulation
- Division of Public Utilities and Carriers
- Division of State Police - Charitable Gaming Unit
- Secretary of State
Rhode Island Local Business Licences
Below is a listing of the local jurisdictions within Rhode Island that a business should check for local business license requirements.
County / Parish
- Bristol County
- Kent County
- Newport County
- Providence County
- Washington County
City / Borough / Municipality / Neighborhood
- Block Island
- Central Falls
- East Greenwich
- East Providence
- Hope Valley
- Little Compton
- North Kingstown
- North Providence
- North Scituate
- North Smithfield
- Peace Dale
- South Kingstown
- West Greenwich
- West Kingston
- West Warwick
- Wood River Junction