Missouri Business Licenses
General Guides & Resources
Get step-by-step guidance for forming and running a compliant organization in Missouri
Licenses for Regulated Industries
Explore resources for firms in licensed professions like engineering and construction.
Learn what filings to submit to state agencies throughout an organization’s lifecycle.
Get all the information you need to register for state taxes or apply for tax exemption.
State Licensing Agencies
Access state agencies responsible for licensing and regulating Missouri organizations.
General Missouri Guides & Resources
These guides provide detailed, step-by-step instructions for starting a business or nonprofit, registering with state authorities, and establishing a compliant organization.
Fast easy instructions and affordable support for filing your Missouri annual report.
Get your Missouri construction licenses. Harbor Compliance assists with initial and renewal registrations in every state.
Licensing guide for energy industry registrations and licenses in Missouri. Find detailed application, renewal, and reporting requirements.
Total cost, time, and step-by-step instructions to form a limited liability company in Missouri. Do it yourself or purchase our formation service.
Total cost, time, and step-by-step instructions on how to incorporate in Missouri. Do it yourself or purchase our incorporation service.
Missouri Business Licensing Guides and Information.
Total time, cost, and paperwork to start your business in Missouri today! Our affordable formation services are state-specific.
Total cost, time, and how to start a nonprofit in Missouri. Instruction and services to assist with your non-profit formation.
Comprehensive solutions (and free resources) to help manage your fundraising, tax exemption, license renewals, and other nonprofit compliance activities in Missouri, and across the US.
Missouri Business Licenses for Regulated Industries
Our licensing guides provide a wealth of information including requirements, filing instructions, fees, timelines to licensure, and more for a range of industries and activities.
Missouri Corporate Filings
These web pages provide detailed information on state filings required to form an entity, register a name, gain authority to operate, maintain good standing, and more.
- Missouri Corporation LLC Nonprofit Amendment
- Missouri Entity Name Reservation
- Missouri Fictitious Name Registration & Renewal
- Missouri Nonprofit Articles of Incorporation
- Moving Your Company's Domicile to Missouri
- Obtain Missouri Certified Copies
- Reinstate Missouri Corporation LLC Nonprofit
- Start a Missouri 501(c)(3)
Missouri Tax Filings
Find the information you need to register for state taxes or seek tax exemptions.
- Missouri Employer (Payroll & Withholding Tax) Registration Service
- Missouri Sales & Use Tax Registration Service
- Missouri Sales Tax Exemption
- Missouri Tax Clearance Certificate
- Missouri Tax Exemption
Missouri State Licensing Agencies
Below is a listing of the state-level licensing agencies within Missouri that a business should check for business license requirements.
- Attorney General - Charities
- Board For Architects, Professional Engineers, Professional Land Surveyors and Professional Landscape Architects
- Board of Pharmacy
- Board of Private Investigator and Private Fire Investigator Examiners
- Department of Agriculture - Bureau of Feed and Seed
- Department of Health & Senior Services - Licensing & Regulations - Lead Licensing Program
- Department of Insurance
- Department of Labor - Division of Employment Security
- Department of Natural Resources - Air Pollution Control Program
- Department of Revenue
- Division of Alcohol and Tobacco Control
- Division of Professional Registration
- Division of Professional Registration - Interior Design Council
- Division of Professional Registration - Real Estate Commission
- Gaming Commission - Charitable Gaming Division
- Secretary of State - Corporations Division
- State Board of Accountancy
Missouri Local Business Licences
Below is a listing of the local jurisdictions within Missouri that a business should check for local business license requirements.
County / Parish
- Adair County
- Andrew County
- Atchison County
- Audrain County
- Barry County
- Barton County
- Bates County
- Benton County
- Bollinger County
- Boone County
- Buchanan County
- Butler County
- Caldwell County
- Callaway County
- Camden County
- Cape Girardeau County
- Carroll County
- Carter County
- Cass County
- Cedar County
- Chariton County
- Christian County
- Clark County
- Clay County
- Clinton County
- Cole County
- Cooper County
- Crawford County
- Dade County
- Dallas County
- Daviess County
- DeKalb County
- Dent County
- Douglas County
- Dunklin County
- Franklin County
- Gasconade County
- Gentry County
- Greene County
- Grundy County
- Harrison County
- Henry County
- Hickory County
- Holt County
- Howard County
- Howell County
- Iron County
- Jackson County
- Jasper County
- Jefferson County
- Johnson County
- Knox County
- Laclede County
- Lafayette County
- Lawrence County