Alaska Business Licenses
General Guides & Resources
Get step-by-step guidance for forming and running a compliant organization in Alaska
Licenses for Regulated Industries
Explore resources for firms in licensed professions like engineering and construction.
Learn what filings to submit to state agencies throughout an organization’s lifecycle.
Get all the information you need to register for state taxes or apply for tax exemption.
State Licensing Agencies
Access state agencies responsible for licensing and regulating Alaska organizations.
General Alaska Guides & Resources
These guides provide detailed, step-by-step instructions for starting a business or nonprofit, registering with state authorities, and establishing a compliant organization.
Get your Alaska business license. Harbor Compliance assists with initial and renewal registrations in every state.
Get your Alaska construction licenses. Harbor Compliance assists with initial and renewal registrations in every state.
Licensing guide for energy industry registrations and licenses in Alaska. Find detailed application, renewal, and reporting requirements.
If you are looking to obtain a finance license in Alaska, Harbor Compliance can help.
Total cost, time, and step-by-step instructions to form a limited liability company in Alaska. Do it yourself or purchase our formation service.
Total cost, time, and step-by-step instructions on how to incorporate in Alaska. Do it yourself or purchase our incorporation service.
Fast easy instructions and affordable support to file for your Alaska biennial report.
Alaska Business Licensing Guides and Information.
Total time, cost, and paperwork to start your business in Alaska today! Our affordable formation services are state-specific.
Total cost, time, and how to start a nonprofit in Alaska. Instruction and services to assist with your non-profit formation.
Comprehensive solutions (and free resources) to help manage your fundraising, tax exemption, license renewals, and other nonprofit compliance activities in Alaska, and across the US.
Alaska Business Licenses for Regulated Industries
Our licensing guides provide a wealth of information including requirements, filing instructions, fees, timelines to licensure, and more for a range of industries and activities.
Alaska Corporate Filings
These web pages provide detailed information on state filings required to form an entity, register a name, gain authority to operate, maintain good standing, and more.
Alaska Tax Filings
Find the information you need to register for state taxes or seek tax exemptions.
- Alaska Employer (Payroll & Withholding Tax) Registration Service
- Alaska Sales & Use Tax Registration Service
- Alaska Sales Tax Exemption
- Alaska Tax Clearance Certificate
- Alaska Tax Exemption
Alaska State Licensing Agencies
Below is a listing of the state-level licensing agencies within Alaska that a business should check for business license requirements.
- Alcohol & Marijuana Control Office
- Big Game Commercial Services Board
- Board of Barbers and Hairdressers
- Board of Certified Direct-Entry Midwives
- Board of Certified Real Estate Appraisers
- Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- Board of Dental Examiners
- Board of Examiners in Optometry
- Board of Marine Pilots
- Board of Marital & Family Therapy
- Board of Massage Therapists
- Board of Nursing
- Board of Pharmacy
- Board of Physical Therapy & Occupational Therapy
- Board of Professional Counselors
- Board of Psychologist and Psychological Associate Examiners
- Board of Public Accountancy
- Board of Social Work Examiners
- Board of Veterinary Examiners
- Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development
- Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development - Division of Insurance
- Department of Health and Social Services - Division of Health Care Services - Medicaid Section
- Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- Department of Labor and Workforce Development - Division of Labor Standards and Safety
- Department of Labor and Workforce Development - Mechanical Inspection Section
- Department of Law - Consumer Protection Unit
- Department of Revenue
- Department of Revenue - Tax Division
- Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing
- Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing - Collection Agency/Operator Section
- Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing - Electrical Administrators Program
- Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing - Geologist Section
- Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing - Mechanical Administrators Program
- Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing - Telemedicine Business Registry
- Office of the Lieutenant Governor - Authentications Department
- Real Estate Commission
- State Board of Registration for Architects, Engineers, and Land Surveyors
- State Medical Board
Alaska Local Business Licences
Below is a listing of the local jurisdictions within Alaska that a business should check for local business license requirements.
County / Parish
- Aleutians East
- Aleutians West
- Bristol Bay
- Fairbanks North Star
- Kenai Peninsula Borough
- Ketchikan Gateway
- Kodiak Island
- Lake and Peninsula
- North Slope
- Northwest Arctic
- Prince of Wales-Outer Ketchikan
- Southeast Fairbanks
- Wade Hampton
City / Borough / Municipality / Neighborhood
- Delta Junction
- Eagle River
- Eielson Air Force Base
- Elmendorf Air Force Base
- Mountain Village
- North Pole
- Point MacKenzie
- Port Lions
- Saint Paul Island
- Thorne Bay