Vermont Business Licenses
General Guides & Resources
Get step-by-step guidance for forming and running a compliant organization in Vermont
Licenses for Regulated Industries
Explore resources for firms in licensed professions like engineering and construction.
Learn what filings to submit to state agencies throughout an organization’s lifecycle.
Get all the information you need to register for state taxes or apply for tax exemption.
State Licensing Agencies
Access state agencies responsible for licensing and regulating Vermont organizations.
General Vermont Guides & Resources
These guides provide detailed, step-by-step instructions for starting a business or nonprofit, registering with state authorities, and establishing a compliant organization.
Fast easy instructions and affordable support for filing your Vermont annual report.
Get your Vermont construction licenses. Harbor Compliance assists with initial and renewal registrations in every state.
Licensing guide for energy industry registrations and licenses in Vermont. Find detailed application, renewal, and reporting requirements.
Total cost, time, and step-by-step instructions to form a limited liability company in Vermont. Do it yourself or purchase our formation service.
Total cost, time, and step-by-step instructions on how to incorporate in Vermont. Do it yourself or purchase our incorporation service.
Vermont Business Licensing Guides and Information.
Total time, cost, and paperwork to start your business in Vermont today! Our affordable formation services are state-specific.
Total cost, time, and how to start a nonprofit in Vermont. Instruction and services to assist with your non-profit formation.
Comprehensive solutions (and free resources) to help manage your fundraising, tax exemption, license renewals, and other nonprofit compliance activities in Vermont, and across the US.
Vermont Business Licenses for Regulated Industries
Our licensing guides provide a wealth of information including requirements, filing instructions, fees, timelines to licensure, and more for a range of industries and activities.
Vermont Corporate Filings
These web pages provide detailed information on state filings required to form an entity, register a name, gain authority to operate, maintain good standing, and more.
- Vermont Certificate of Good Standing / Existence
- Vermont Certificate of Merger
- Vermont Certification - Authentication
- Vermont Corporation LLC Nonprofit Amendment
- Vermont Entity Name Reservation
- Vermont Fictitious Name Registration & Renewal
- Vermont Nonprofit Articles of Incorporation
- Vermont Registered Agent Information & Service
Vermont Tax Filings
Find the information you need to register for state taxes or seek tax exemptions.
- Vermont Employer (Payroll & Withholding Tax) Registration Service
- Vermont Sales & Use Tax Registration Service
- Vermont Sales Tax Exemption
- Vermont Tax Clearance Certificate
- Vermont Tax Exemption
Vermont State Licensing Agencies
Below is a listing of the state-level licensing agencies within Vermont that a business should check for business license requirements.
- Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets - Public Health & Agricultural Resource Management Division
- Agency of Human Services - Department of Health Access
- Board of Land Surveying
- Board of Pharmacy
- Board of Professional Engineering
- Board of Public Accountancy
- Department of Financial Regulation
- Department of Labor
- Department of Public Safety - Division of Fire Safety
- Department of Taxes
- Division of Fire Safety - Electrician Program
- Division of Fire Safety - Plumbing Program
- Environmental Health Division - Asbestos & Lead Regulatory Program
- Office of Professional Regulation - Board of Architects
- Office of Professional Regulation - Board of Private Investigative and Security Services
- Office of Professional Regulation - Landscape Architecture Section
- Office of the Attorney General
- Secretary of State - Division of Corporations
- Secretary of State - Real Estate Commission
Vermont Local Business Licences
Below is a listing of the local jurisdictions within Vermont that a business should check for local business license requirements.
County / Parish
- Addison County
- Bennington County
- Caledonia County
- Chittenden County
- Essex County
- Franklin County
- Grand Isle County
- Lamoille County
- Orange County
- Orleans County
- Rutland County
- Washington County
- Windham County
- Windsor County
City / Borough / Municipality / Neighborhood
- Bellows Falls
- Craftsbury Common
- Derby Line
- East Burke
- East Corinth
- East Hardwick
- East Montpelier
- East Ryegate
- Enosburg Falls
- Essex Junction
- Fair Haven
- Grand Isle
- Highgate Center
- Hyde Park
- Island Pond
- Manchester Center
- Middletown Springs
- Mount Holly
- North Bennington
- North Clarendon
- North Hero
- North Pomfret
- North Troy
- Northfield Falls
- Randolph Center
- Saint Albans City
- Saint Johnsbury
- Saxtons River
- South Burlington
- South Londonderry
- South Royalton
- South Strafford
- St. Johnsbury Center
- Town of Rockingham
- Waterbury Center
- Wells River
- West Dover
- West Halifax
- West Pawlet
- West Rutland
- West Townshend
- Westminster Station
- White River Junction