50-State Sales Tax Compliance Guide
A pile of sales receipts

Montana Sales & Use Tax Licensing

Licensing requirements for Montana businesses.

Business entities that sell tangible goods or offer services may need to register for sales and use taxes at the state level. Most states require businesses to either incorporate or foreign qualify prior to registering for a sales and use tax account, and many states also ask for the IRS issued EIN number as a part of tax registration.

Sales & Use Tax Licensure

This section applies to businesses that are applying for a license in Montana for the first time.

Not required

There is no general sales or use tax at the state level in Montana.