New Hampshire Business Licenses
General Guides & Resources
Get step-by-step guidance for forming and running a compliant organization in New Hampshire
Licenses for Regulated Industries
Explore resources for firms in licensed professions like engineering and construction.
Learn what filings to submit to state agencies throughout an organization’s lifecycle.
Get all the information you need to register for state taxes or apply for tax exemption.
State Licensing Agencies
Access state agencies responsible for licensing and regulating New Hampshire organizations.
General New Hampshire Guides & Resources
These guides provide detailed, step-by-step instructions for starting a business or nonprofit, registering with state authorities, and establishing a compliant organization.
Get your New Hampshire construction licenses. Harbor Compliance assists with initial and renewal registrations in every state.
Total cost, time, and step-by-step instructions to form a limited liability company in New Hampshire. Do it yourself or purchase our formation service.
Total cost, time, and step-by-step instructions on how to incorporate in New Hampshire. Do it yourself or purchase our incorporation service.
New Hampshire Business Licensing Guides and Information.
Total time, cost, and paperwork to start your business in New Hampshire today! Our affordable formation services are state-specific.
Total cost, time, and how to start a nonprofit in New Hampshire. Instruction and services to assist with your non-profit formation.
Comprehensive solutions (and free resources) to help manage your fundraising, tax exemption, license renewals, and other nonprofit compliance activities in New Hampshire, and across the US.
New Hampshire Business Licenses for Regulated Industries
Our licensing guides provide a wealth of information including requirements, filing instructions, fees, timelines to licensure, and more for a range of industries and activities.
New Hampshire Corporate Filings
These web pages provide detailed information on state filings required to form an entity, register a name, gain authority to operate, maintain good standing, and more.
- New Hampshire Corporation LLC Nonprofit Amendment
- New Hampshire Entity Name Reservation
- New Hampshire Fictitious Name Registration & Renewal
- New Hampshire Nonprofit Articles of Incorporation
- New Hampshire Registered Agent Service
- Obtain New Hampshire Certified Copies
- Reinstate New Hampshire Corporation LLC Nonprofit
- Start a New Hampshire 501(c)(3)
New Hampshire Tax Filings
Find the information you need to register for state taxes or seek tax exemptions.
- New Hampshire Employer (Payroll & Withholding Tax) Registration Service
- New Hampshire Sales & Use Tax Registration Service
- New Hampshire Sales Tax Exemption
- New Hampshire Tax Exemption
New Hampshire State Licensing Agencies
Below is a listing of the state-level licensing agencies within New Hampshire that a business should check for business license requirements.
- Board of Accountancy
- Board of Electricians
- Board of Land Surveyors
- Board of Landscape Architects
- Board of Pharmacy
- Board of Professional Engineers
- Bureau of Building Safety & Construction - Mechanical Licensing Section
- Department of Environmental Services - Asbestos Program
- Department of Health and Human Services - Lead Professionals Program
- Department of Justice- Charitable Trusts Unit
- Department of Labor
- Department of Revenue Administration
- Division of State Police - Permits and Licensing Unit
- Employment Security
- Insurance Department
- Joint Board of Licensure and Certification: Board of Architects
- Lottery Commission - Racing and Charitable Gaming Division
- Office of Professional Licensure and Certification
- Public Utilities Commission
- Secretary of State - Apostilles & Certifications
- Secretary of State - Corporations Division
New Hampshire Local Business Licences
Below is a listing of the local jurisdictions within New Hampshire that a business should check for local business license requirements.
County / Parish
- Belknap County
- Carroll County
- Cheshire County
- Coos County
- Grafton County
- Hillsborough County
- Merrimack County
- Rockingham County
- Strafford County
- Sullivan County
City / Borough / Municipality / Neighborhood
- Alton Bay
- Center Barnstead
- Center Conway
- Center Harbor
- Center Ossipee
- Center Sandwich
- Center Strafford
- East Derry
- East Hampstead
- East Kingston
- Georges Mills
- Hampton Falls
- Milton Mills
- Mont Vernon
- New Boston
- New Castle
- New Durham
- New Hampton
- New Ipswich
- New London
- North Conway
- North Hampton
- North Haverhill
- North Salem
- North Stratford
- North Walpole
- North Woodstock
- Rye Beach
- Twin Mountain
- Waterville Valley
- West Chesterfield
- West Lebanon
- West Stewartstown
- West Swanzey
- Wolfeboro Falls