California Department of Consumer Affairs - Contractors State License Board (CSLB)
We are a service company that can help you file with the California Department of Consumer Affairs - Contractors State License Board (CSLB). We are not associated with this nor any other government agency. We offer paid services and software to help you file. You are not required to purchase our service to file - you may file directly with this agency without using our service.
We track the following licenses with the California Department of Consumer Affairs - Contractors State License Board (CSLB) in order to provide compliance services to our clients. As a client, you see this and other reference data in License Manager in-line with your licenses.
California Contractor License
$450 application fee + $200 sole owner license fee or $350 non-sole owner license fee.
|How to Apply:|
Mail or online.
$450 for sole owner licenses (C-10 contractors are charged $470) and $700 for non-sole owner licenses (C-10 contractors are charged $720)
Biennially by the end of the month of issuance.
Licenses not renewed by September 30 are forfeited and the holders of a forfeited license are considered unlicensed and may not practice. Restorations of forfeited licenses are accepted until November 30 of the even-numbered year with a penalty fee. After November 30, restoration is not accepted and a new application for a license is required.
The application to renew a contractor license automatically is sent to current licensees by CSLB about 60 days before an expiration date.
Application for Replacing the Qualifying Individual
A disassociation notice must be delivered and a replacement of the qualifier must be made within 90 days of disassociation to avoid a suspension of the license.
Related Government Agencies
Explore other California government agencies we can help you stay compliant with:
- California Architects Board
- California Attorney General - Registry of Charitable Trusts
- California Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists
- California Board of Accountancy
- California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services
- California Council For Interior Design Certification (CCIDC)
- California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control
- California Department of Consumer Affairs - Bureau of Household Goods and Services (BHGS)
- California Department of Consumer Affairs - Bureau of Real Estate
- California Department of Consumer Affairs - Bureau of Real Estate Appraisers (BREA)
- California Department of Forestry & Fire Protection - Licensed Timber Operator (LTO) Program
- California Department of Industrial Relations - Asbestos and Carcinogen Unit
- California Department of Industrial Relations - Division of Labor Standards Enforcement
- California Department of Industrial Relations - Division of Workers' Compensation
- California Department of Industrial Relations - Electrician Certification Program
- California Department of Industrial Relations- Public Works
- California Department of Insurance
- California Department of Public Health - Division of Radiation Safety and Environmental Management - Radiologic Health Branch
- California Department of Public Health - Food and Drug Branch
- California Department of Public Health Childhood Lean Poisoning Branch
- California Department of Social Services - Community Care Licensing Division - Home Care Services Bureau
- California Department of Tax and Fee Administration
- California Employment Development Department
- California Franchise Tax Board
- California Landscape Architects Technical Committee
- California Office of the Attorney General - Bureau of Gambling Control
- California Public Utilities Commission
- California Secretary of State - Business Programs Division
- California State Board of Equalization
- California State Board of Pharmacy