California Architects Board
We are a service company that can help you file with the California Architects Board. We are not associated with this nor any other government agency. We offer paid services and software to help you file. You are not required to purchase our service to file - you may file directly with this agency without using our service.
2420 Del Paso Road, Suite 105
Sacramento, CA 95834
Web: Home Name search Forms File online
We track the following licenses with the California Architects Board in order to provide compliance services to our clients. As a client, you see this and other reference data in License Manager in-line with your licenses.
California Architect License
This section applies to architects that are applying for a license in California for the first time.
Applications are available on the Board’s website or may be requested by telephone.
$300 application fee + $100 exam fee. The $100 is one-time for those candidates who remain active in the examination process (taking at least one examination, pass or fail, every five years. There is an additional fee for the California Supplemental Examination.
This section applies to architects licensed in another state that are looking for reciprocal licensure in California.
$35 California Reciprocity Application fee; $100 California Supplemental Examination fee; $300 Application for Licensure fee.
This section applies to architects that are already licensed in California and need to renew their license.
|Due:||Biennially on the last day of the birth month for a licensee.|
California Business Entity Report
This section applies to architectural firms that are applying for a license in California for the first time. If you already have a license and are looking to renew it, please see the renewal section.
Renewal Not Required
This section applies to architectural firms that are already licensed in California and need to renew their license.
Business entity reports only need to be re-filed when there is a change of information.
Licensees must immediately notify the Board of any name and/or address changes. In addition, licensees must submit an updated copy of the business entity form with the new information within 30 days of the change.
Related Government Agencies
Explore other California government agencies we can help you stay compliant with:
- California Attorney General - Registry of Charitable Trusts
- California Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists
- California Board of Accountancy
- California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services
- California Council For Interior Design Certification (CCIDC)
- California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control
- California Department of Consumer Affairs - Bureau of Household Goods and Services (BHGS)
- California Department of Consumer Affairs - Bureau of Real Estate
- California Department of Consumer Affairs - Bureau of Real Estate Appraisers (BREA)
- California Department of Consumer Affairs - Contractors State License Board (CSLB)
- California Department of Forestry & Fire Protection - Licensed Timber Operator (LTO) Program
- California Department of Industrial Relations - Asbestos and Carcinogen Unit
- California Department of Industrial Relations - Division of Labor Standards Enforcement
- California Department of Industrial Relations - Division of Workers' Compensation
- California Department of Industrial Relations - Electrician Certification Program
- California Department of Industrial Relations- Public Works
- California Department of Insurance
- California Department of Public Health - Division of Radiation Safety and Environmental Management - Radiologic Health Branch
- California Department of Public Health - Food and Drug Branch
- California Department of Public Health Childhood Lean Poisoning Branch
- California Department of Social Services - Community Care Licensing Division - Home Care Services Bureau
- California Department of Tax and Fee Administration
- California Employment Development Department
- California Franchise Tax Board
- California Landscape Architects Technical Committee
- California Office of the Attorney General - Bureau of Gambling Control
- California Public Utilities Commission
- California Secretary of State - Business Programs Division
- California State Board of Equalization
- California State Board of Pharmacy