Connecticut Business Licenses
General Guides & Resources
Get step-by-step guidance for forming and running a compliant organization in Connecticut
Licenses for Regulated Industries
Explore resources for firms in licensed professions like engineering and construction.
Learn what filings to submit to state agencies throughout an organization’s lifecycle.
Get all the information you need to register for state taxes or apply for tax exemption.
State Licensing Agencies
Access state agencies responsible for licensing and regulating Connecticut organizations.
General Connecticut Guides & Resources
These guides provide detailed, step-by-step instructions for starting a business or nonprofit, registering with state authorities, and establishing a compliant organization.
Fast easy instructions and affordable support for filing your Connecticut annual report.
Get your Connecticut construction licenses. Harbor Compliance assists with initial and renewal registrations in every state.
Licensing guide for energy industry registrations and licenses in Connecticut. Find detailed application, renewal, and reporting requirements.
Total cost, time, and step-by-step instructions to form a limited liability company in Connecticut. Do it yourself or purchase our formation service.
Total cost, time, and step-by-step instructions on how to incorporate in Connecticut. Do it yourself or purchase our incorporation service.
Connecticut Business Licensing Guides and Information.
Total time, cost, and paperwork to start your business in Connecticut today! Our affordable formation services are state-specific.
Total cost, time, and how to start a nonprofit in Connecticut. Instruction and services to assist with your non-profit formation.
Comprehensive solutions (and free resources) to help manage your fundraising, tax exemption, license renewals, and other nonprofit compliance activities in Connecticut, and across the US.
Connecticut Business Licenses for Regulated Industries
Our licensing guides provide a wealth of information including requirements, filing instructions, fees, timelines to licensure, and more for a range of industries and activities.
Connecticut Corporate Filings
These web pages provide detailed information on state filings required to form an entity, register a name, gain authority to operate, maintain good standing, and more.
- Converting Your Entity in Connecticut
- Dissolve Connecticut Corporation LLC Nonprofit
- Foreign Connecticut Corporation
- Foreign Connecticut LLC
- Moving Your Company's Domicile to Connecticut
- Obtain Connecticut Certified Copies
- Reinstate Connecticut Corporation LLC Nonprofit
- Start a Connecticut 501(c)(3)
Connecticut Tax Filings
Find the information you need to register for state taxes or seek tax exemptions.
- Connecticut Employer (Payroll & Withholding Tax) Registration Service
- Connecticut Sales & Use Tax Registration Service
- Connecticut Sales Tax Exemption
- Connecticut Tax Clearance Certificate
- Connecticut Tax Exemption
Connecticut State Licensing Agencies
Below is a listing of the state-level licensing agencies within Connecticut that a business should check for business license requirements.
- Business Response and Licensing Center
- Commission of Pharmacy
- Commissioner of Emergency Services and Public Protection
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Banking - Consumer Credit Division
- Department of Consumer Protection
- Department of Consumer Protection - Architectural Licensing Board
- Department of Consumer Protection - Board of Landscape Architects
- Department of Consumer Protection - Liquor Control Division
- Department of Consumer Protection - Occupational and Professional Licensing Division
- Department of Consumer Protection - Real Estate Appraisal Commission
- Department of Energy & Environmental Protection - Public Utilities Regulatory Authority
- Department of Labor
- Department of Labor - Division of Wage and Workplace Standards
- Department of Revenue Services
- Insurance Department
- Secretary of State - Commercial Recording Division
- State Board of Accountancy
- State Board of Landscape Architects
- State Department of Consumer Protection - Electrician Program
- State Department of Consumer Protection - Fire Protection Licenses and Scope of Work
- State Department of Public Health
- State Department of Public Health - Environmental Practitioner Licensure Program
Connecticut Local Business Licences
Below is a listing of the local jurisdictions within Connecticut that a business should check for local business license requirements.
County / Parish
- Fairfield County
- Hartford County
- Litchfield County
- Middlesex County
- New Haven County
- New London County
- Tolland County
- Windham County
City / Borough / Municipality / Neighborhood
- Beacon Falls
- Broad Brook
- Canton Center
- Central Manchester
- Central Waterford
- Colchester Center
- Cornwall Bridge
- Cos Cob
- Deep River
- Deep River Center
- East Berlin
- East Canaan
- East Granby
- East Haddam
- East Hampton
- East Hampton
- East Hartford
- East Hartland
- East Haven
- East Killingly
- East Lyme
- East Windsor
- Falls Village
- Gales Ferry
- Greens Farms
- Guilford Center
- Jewett City
- Madison Center
- Mansfield Center
- New Britain
- New Canaan
- New Fairfield
- New Hartford
- New Haven
- New London
- New Milford
- North Branford
- North Canton
- North Franklin
- North Granby
- North Grosvenor Dale
- North Haven
- North Stonington
- North Windham
- Old Greenwich
- Old Lyme
- Old Saybrook
- Oxoboxo River
- Pomfret Center
- Quaker Hill
- Rocky Hill
- Sandy Hook
- Simsbury Center
- South Glastonbury
- South Kent
- South Windham
- South Windsor
- Stafford Springs
- Wallingford Center
- Washington Depot
- West Cornwall
- West Granby
- West Hartford
- West Hartland
- West Haven
- West Simsbury
- West Suffield
- Westbrook Center
- Windsor Locks
- Woodstock Valley