Vermont Department of Labor

Please Note

We are a service company that can help you file with the Vermont Department of Labor. We are not associated with this nor any other government agency. We offer paid services and software to help you file. You are not required to purchase our service to file - you may file directly with this agency without using our service.

Contact Information

Mailing address:
5 Green Mountain Drive
PO Box 488
Montpelier, VT 05601

Phone: 802-828-4000
Fax: 802-828-4022

Web: Home


We track the following licenses with the Vermont Department of Labor in order to provide compliance services to our clients. As a client, you see this and other reference data in License Manager in-line with your licenses.

A laptop placed on a desk with our License Manager software on display

Vermont Employee Leasing Company License

Agency:Vermont Department of Labor

21 V.S.A. § 1033

Financial Requirements:

An adjusted net worth of at least $100,000 or 5% of liabilities, whichever is greater.

Bond Requirements:

If the applicant does not meet the net worth requirement they must submit a bond in the amount of $100,000 or 5% of prior year's total Vermont wages, benefits, workers' compensation premiums or awards or unemployment compensation contributions.

Registered Agent (Special Agency) Required?Yes
Qualifying Individual Requirements:

Each controlling person of an applicant or licensee must:

(1) be at least 18 years of age; and

(2) have a personal history of honesty, trustworthiness, and fairness and a reputation for fair dealings and respect for the rights of others and for the law.

Initial Registration


Form EL-1: Employee Leasing Company Licensure & Registration Application


EL-7 Employer Leasing How to Apply

Agency Fee:

$100 application fee + $1,000 license fee

Before you Apply:
  • EL-3 Surety Bond Form or EL-4 Memo-of-Understanding and Letter of Credit
  • EL-2-Authorizing-Individual-Affidavit from each authorizing individual
  • C-50 Limited Power of Attorney for each client company
  • C-1 Business Registration for each Vermont client who does not already have an established account with the Vermont Department of Labor
  • EL-6 List of Vermont Clients
  • Proof of workers' compensation coverage for each Vermont client company. This should be a separate policy issued to each of the client companies.
  • Copy of each employee Leasing agreement
  • If you are licensed in any other state, provide a copy of each license.
  • A copy of your most recent audited financial statement that demonstrates that you have an adjusted net worth of at least $100,000 or 5 percent of the prior years Vermont wages, benefits, workers' compensation premiums or awards or unemployment compensation contributions, whichever is greater. The financial statement shall have been prepared within six months of the date of application by an independent certified public accountant licensed in Vermont.

Registration Renewal

Agency Fee:



Annually at least 60 days before the expiration date of the license.

Notice of Employee Leasing Agreement

Agency Fee:



Within 10 days after the agreement is executed and within 10 days after an agreement is terminated.


21 V.S.A. § 1038


Employee leasing companies must notify the department when contracts with clients are executed or terminated.

Supplemental Reporting
Quarterly Wage and Contribution Report


Form C-101: Employers Quarterly Wage and Contribution Report

Agency Fee:




Related Government Agencies

Explore other Vermont government agencies we can help you stay compliant with:

Order Registered Agent Service

In my opinion, their "Human Touch" element is what really makes this company stand out! I wouldn't go anywhere else!
JanaeLaw Offices of Donald W. Hudspeth, PC
It's awesome to know that Harbor Compliance is looking out for my customers' best interests and will only do what's right for them.
© 2012 - 2021 Harbor Compliance. All rights reserved. Harbor Compliance does not provide tax, financial, or legal advice. Use of our services does not create an attorney-client relationship. Harbor Compliance is not acting as your attorney and does not review information you provide to us for legal accuracy or sufficiency. Access to our website is subject to our Terms of Use and Service Agreement.