New Mexico Board of Examiners for Architects

Please Note

We are a service company that can help you file with the New Mexico Board of Examiners for Architects. We are not associated with this nor any other government agency. We offer paid services and software to help you file. You are not required to purchase our service to file - you may file directly with this agency without using our service.

Contact Information

Physical address:
No. 5 Calle Medico
Suite C
Santa Fe, NM 87505

Mailing address:
P.O. Box 509
Santa Fe, NM 87504

Phone: 505-982-2869
Fax: 505-982-8953

Web: Home Name search

Notes: Business Hours: 8-Noon, 1-5 PM Mountain Time, Monday - Friday


We track the following licenses with the New Mexico Board of Examiners for Architects in order to provide compliance services to our clients. As a client, you see this and other reference data in License Manager in-line with your licenses.

A laptop placed on a desk with our License Manager software on display

New Mexico Architect License

Agency:New Mexico Board of Examiners for Architects
NCARB Certificate:Required
Completion of CE/PDH:Required
Fact Checked:8/11/19
Interview:Not required
NAAB-accredited degree:Required
NCARB IDP:Required
Additional Experience:Not required
State-specific exam:Required

Initial Registration

This section applies to architects that are applying for a license in New Mexico for the first time.

Form:By contacting the New Mexico Board following the Board’s receipt of the individual’s NCARB certificate.
Agency Fee:

Registration fee + exam fee of $50.00 for those with in-state residency or $100.00 for those who live out-of-state

Fact Checked:8/10/19

Reciprocal Registration

This section applies to architects licensed in another state that are looking for reciprocal licensure in New Mexico.

Agency Fee:


Fact Checked:8/10/19

Registration Renewal

This section applies to architects that are already licensed in New Mexico and need to renew their license.

Agency Fee:

$225.00 for in-state residency; $325.00 for out-of-state residency.


By December 31 of odd-numbered years.

Fact Checked:8/10/19

New Mexico Architecture Firm License

Not required

Architecture Firm licensure is not required on the State level in New Mexico.

Firm licenses are not issued at the state level, however, a licensed individual must oversee all architectural work. Firms should consult board rules and state statutes before doing business.

More information: New Mexico Board of Examiners for Architects

NMSA § 61-15-6

Eligible Entity Types:
  • Business Corporations
  • Professional Corporations
  • Limited Liability Companies
  • Partnerships
Ownership Requirements:

Business Corporations:

  • If the firm primarily offers architectural services, at least one owner and a majority of shareholders must be licensed architects.

Professional Corporations:

  • All shareholders and incorporators must be individuals licensed in a professional service provided by the firm or entities that are similarly qualified.

Limited Liability Companies:

  • If the firm primarily offers architectural services, a majority of members must be licensed architects.


  • If the firm primarily offers architectural services, a majority of partners must be licensed architects

Related Government Agencies

Explore other New Mexico government agencies we can help you stay compliant with:

Order Registered Agent Service

In my opinion, their "Human Touch" element is what really makes this company stand out! I wouldn't go anywhere else!
JanaeLaw Offices of Donald W. Hudspeth, PC
It's awesome to know that Harbor Compliance is looking out for my customers' best interests and will only do what's right for them.
© 2012 - 2021 Harbor Compliance. All rights reserved. Harbor Compliance does not provide tax, financial, or legal advice. Use of our services does not create an attorney-client relationship. Harbor Compliance is not acting as your attorney and does not review information you provide to us for legal accuracy or sufficiency. Access to our website is subject to our Terms of Use and Service Agreement.