California Department of Industrial Relations- Public Works
We are a service company that can help you file with the California Department of Industrial Relations- Public Works. We are not associated with this nor any other government agency. We offer paid services and software to help you file. You are not required to purchase our service to file - you may file directly with this agency without using our service.
We track the following licenses with the California Department of Industrial Relations- Public Works in order to provide compliance services to our clients. As a client, you see this and other reference data in License Manager in-line with your licenses.
California Public Works Contractor Registration
Contractors who work exclusively on small public works projects are not required to register as a public works contractor or file electronic certified payroll reports for those projects. Contractors are still required to maintain certified payroll records on a continuous basis, and provide them to the Labor Commissioner’s Office upon request. The small project exemption applies for all public works projects that do not exceed:
$400 per year. Contractors can choose to register for 1, 2, or 3 fiscal years.
$400 per year. Contractors can choose to renew for 1, 2, or 3 fiscal years.
Annually, biennially, or triennially by June 30 depending on the renewal interval chosen by the registrant.
Related Government Agencies
Explore other California government agencies we can help you stay compliant with:
- California Architects Board
- California Attorney General - Registry of Charitable Trusts
- California Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists
- California Board of Accountancy
- California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services
- California Contractors State License Board
- California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control
- California Department of Consumer Affairs - Bureau of Real Estate
- California Department of Consumer Affairs - Bureau of Real Estate Appraisers (BREA)
- California Department of Consumer Affairs - Contractors State License Board
- California Department of Consumer Affairs - Contractors State License Board (CSLB)
- California Department of Industrial Relations - Asbestos and Carcinogen Unit
- California Department of Industrial Relations - Division of Labor Standards Enforcement
- California Department of Industrial Relations - Division of Workers' Compensation
- California Department of Industrial Relations - Electrician Certification Program
- California Department of Insurance
- California Department of Public Health - Food and Drug Branch
- California Department of Social Services - Community Care Licensing Division - Home Care Services Bureau
- California Department of Tax and Fee Administration
- California Employment Development Department
- California Franchise Tax Board
- California Landscape Architects Technical Committee
- California Office of the Attorney General - Bureau of Gambling Control
- California Public Utilities Commission
- California Secretary of State - Business Programs Division
- California State Board of Equalization
- California State Board of Pharmacy