South Dakota Certified Copies
Get Your South Dakota Certified Copies
Fast processing. We order your certified copies quickly and send them directly to your email when they arrive.
Local filing office in Pierre , SD . If you need your copies request expedited, our local office can drop off your request, and retrieve your copies.
Friendly support. Call to discuss your turnaround time and place an order.
Call us at 1-888-995-5895 to order!
What are certified copies?
South Dakota certified copies are a true and correct copy of business filings, which can obtained from the South Dakota Secretary of State. Articles of incorporation are the most commonly certified document. Articles of amendment or annual reports may also be certified.
The South Dakota Secretary of State issues certified copies with an endorsement, stamp, or certificate. Certified copies are sometimes required to secure a bank loan, apply for a certificate of authority, and obtain business licenses.
What documents can be certified?
You can typically have most corporate filings certified, including:
- Articles of formation
- Articles of amendment
- Certificate of authority
- Annual filings, such as annual reports
- Fictitious name or DBA registration
- Dissolution and withdrawals
Where can I obtain South Dakota certified copies?
Only the South Dakota Secretary of State can issue South Dakota certified copies. It is possible to obtain certified copies yourself using the contact information below. When you use our service, we will obtain your certified copies from the state based on your specific expedite needs, and send them directly to your email.South Dakota Secretary of State
Do you send me the physical documents?
Yes. We first send you an electronic copy for immediate use, then mail the physical copies to the address you specify.
What are the states fees and expedite options?
We offer the below filing options to choose from when you order. Approximate processing times and applicable fees are listed below including states fees, expedite fees, and other processing fees. Please note that processing times can fluctuate.
- Limited Liability Company: 4-5 business days - $30
- Limited Liability Company: 2-3 business days - $185
- Corporation: 4-5 business days - $30
- Corporation: 2-3 business days - $185
- Limited Partnership: 4-5 business days - $30
- Limited Partnership: 2-3 business days - $185
- Limited Liability Partnership: 4-5 business days - $30
- Limited Liability Partnership: 2-3 business days - $185
- Nonprofit Corporation: 4-5 business days - $30
- Nonprofit Corporation: 2-3 business days - $185
- Professional Corporation: 4-5 business days - $30
- Professional Corporation: 2-3 business days - $185
Applying for a certificate of authority?
If you need certified copies because you are applying for authority to transact business in a new state, let us help you! As part of our Foreign Qualification service, we will obtain your certified copies, certificates of good standing, and your certificate of authority from a new state.