New York Articles of Incorporation
New York articles of incorporation are filed to create a corporation.
Preparing and filing your articles of incorporation is the first step in starting your business corporation. (If you are starting a nonprofit corporation, click here.) Approval of this document secures your corporate name and creates the legal entity of the corporation. Only after this approval can the corporation apply for tax IDs, obtain business licenses, sign contracts, and otherwise conduct business.
Incorporating provides many important benefits:
- Limits the liability of directors, officers, and shareholders
- Fulfills statutory requirements to register your business name
- Provides governance and adds credibility
We will prepare and file your articles of incorporation as follows:
|Agency:||New York Department of State - Division of Corporations, State Records and Uniform Commercial Code|
|Form:||ACCESS PREMIUM DATA|
|Instructions:||ACCESS PREMIUM DATA|
|Filing Method:||ACCESS PREMIUM DATA|
$125 + $10 tax on 200 no par value shares (minimum share tax) + optional $25-150 expedite fee
|Turnaround:||ACCESS PREMIUM DATA|
Why use our Articles of Incorporation service?
We're specialists in incorporation and compliance. We focus solely on corporate compliance, and the state-specific expertise to provide you best-in-industry service at a competitive rate.
A compliance specialists will work with you 1-on-1 to prepare and file your articles of incorporation. You can also rely on your specialist for other services to help you set up and maintain a compliant corporation.Incorporate Now
Other Helpful New York Facts
As you are preparing to incorporate, keep in mind the following requirements specific to New York. Your specialist will help you tailor articles of incorporation to your state.
New York Directors
- Number: One or more required.
- Qualifications: None.
- Quorum: Majority of directors, unless articles of incorporation fixes a different number. No less than one third.
New York Officers
- As stated in the bylaws or as determined by the Board.
New York Bylaws
- Required: Yes.
New York Annual Shareholder Meeting
- Required: Yes.
- Action by written consent: Allowed if by all shareholders entitled to vote on the action.
New York Shareholders
- Qualifications: N/A
- Stock Certificate: Required.
- Voting Trusts Allowed: Yes.