Maryland Articles of Incorporation
Maryland articles of incorporation are filed to create a corporation.
Preparing and filing your articles of incorporation is the first step in starting your business corporation. (If you are starting a nonprofit corporation, click here.) Approval of this document secures your corporate name and creates the legal entity of the corporation. Only after this approval can the corporation apply for tax IDs, obtain business licenses, sign contracts, and otherwise conduct business.
Incorporating provides many important benefits:
- Limits the liability of directors, officers, and shareholders
- Fulfills statutory requirements to register your business name
- Provides governance and adds credibility
We will prepare and file your articles of incorporation as follows:
|Agency:||Maryland State Department of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT)|
|Form:||ACCESS PREMIUM DATA|
|Filing method:||ACCESS PREMIUM DATA|
$120 filing fee + optional $5 returned mail fee + optional $50 expedited service fee. The expedite fee is required to file online, by fax, or in-person. If the aggregate par value of the stock exceeds $100,000 or if no par value stock is used and the corporation has authority to issue more than 5,000 shares, then call 1-410-767-1340 for your filing fee.
|Turnaround:||ACCESS PREMIUM DATA|
Why use our Articles of Incorporation service?
We're specialists in incorporation and compliance. We focus solely on corporate compliance, and the state-specific expertise to provide you best-in-industry service at a competitive rate.
A compliance specialists will work with you 1-on-1 to prepare and file your articles of incorporation. You can also rely on your specialist for other services to help you set up and maintain a compliant corporation.Incorporate Now
Other Helpful Maryland Facts
As you are preparing to incorporate, keep in mind the following requirements specific to Maryland. Your specialist will help you tailor articles of incorporation to your state.
- Number: One or more required.
- Qualifications: None.
- Quorum: Majority of directors, unless bylaws fix a different number. No less than one third.
- President, Secretary, and Treasurer required.
- Required: Yes.
Maryland Annual Shareholder Meeting
- Required: Yes.
- Action by written consent: Allowed if by all shareholders entitled to vote on the action.
- Qualifications: N/A
- Stock Certificate: Required.
- Voting Trusts Allowed: Yes.