Louisiana Articles of Incorporation
Louisiana articles of incorporation are filed to create a corporation.
Preparing and filing your articles of incorporation is the first step in starting your business corporation. (If you are starting a nonprofit corporation, click here.) Approval of this document secures your corporate name and creates the legal entity of the corporation. Only after this approval can the corporation apply for tax IDs, obtain business licenses, sign contracts, and otherwise conduct business.
Incorporating provides many important benefits:
- Limits the liability of directors, officers, and shareholders
- Fulfills statutory requirements to register your business name
- Provides governance and adds credibility
We will prepare and file your articles of incorporation as follows:
|Agency:||Louisiana Secretary of State - Commercial Division|
|Form:||ACCESS PREMIUM DATA|
|Filing Method:||ACCESS PREMIUM DATA|
$75 + optional $30-$50 expedite fee
|Turnaround:||ACCESS PREMIUM DATA|
When filing by mail, include:
Why use our Articles of Incorporation service?
We're specialists in incorporation and compliance. We focus solely on corporate compliance, and the state-specific expertise to provide you best-in-industry service at a competitive rate.
A compliance specialists will work with you 1-on-1 to prepare and file your articles of incorporation. You can also rely on your specialist for other services to help you set up and maintain a compliant corporation.Incorporate Now
Other Helpful Louisiana Facts
As you are preparing to incorporate, keep in mind the following requirements specific to Louisiana. Your specialist will help you tailor articles of incorporation to your state.
- Number: Number fixed in articles of incorporation or bylaws.
- Qualifications: None.
- Quorum: Majority of the directors.
- President, Secretary, and Treasurer required. One person can be any two of these.
- Required: No.
Louisiana Annual Shareholder Meeting
- Required: Yes.
- Action by written consent: Allowed if by all shareholders entitled to vote on the action.
- Qualifications: N/A
- Stock Certificate: Required.
- Voting Trusts Allowed: Yes.