Ohio Payroll Licensing

Licensing requirements for Ohio employers.

Harbor Compliance provides payroll tax registration services in every state to help your company hire employees and process payroll on time.

In most states, the two payroll taxes are withholding and unemployment insurance (aka unemployment tax and unemployment compensation). Employers must register for the appropriate accounts in order to hire employees, to process payroll, and to file tax returns. Given the virtual, home-based, and temporary nature of employees, registrations often take place on short notice and in multiple states. Foreign qualification and registered agent are prerequisites in most states.

Employer Witholding Tax Licensure

This section applies to employers that are applying for a license in Ohio for the first time to withold taxes from payroll.

Agency:Ohio Department of Taxation
Filing method:


Unemployment Tax Licensure

This section applies to employers that are applying for a license in Ohio for the first time for unemployment insurance.

Agency:Ohio Department of Job and Family Services - Office of Unemployment Insurance Operations

Report to Determine Liability

Filing method:

Form or online.


Employers need to apply for an unemployment compensation tax account number through the Department of Job and Family Services before registering for other taxes via Ohio Business Gateway.

Business Compliance Solutions

Streamline your company's compliance with departments of state and licensing agencies. Our national turnkey solutions relieve your staff from burdensome corporate filings and licensing paperwork.

Learn more
Or call 1-888-995-5895 for immediate personalized assistance.
Our Managing Business Licensing To Maximize Returns white paper

Free White Paper

Managing Business Licensing to Maximize Returns

How Three Companies Achieved ROIs of Over 30X.

Download Now

Harbor Business Compliance Corporation BBB Business Review
© 2012 - 2019 Harbor Compliance. All rights reserved. Harbor Compliance is not an accounting or law firm and does not provide tax, financial, or legal advice.