New Mexico Business Licenses
General Guides & Resources
Get step-by-step guidance for forming and running a compliant organization in New Mexico
Licenses for Regulated Industries
Explore resources for firms in licensed professions like engineering and construction.
Learn what filings to submit to state agencies throughout an organization’s lifecycle.
Get all the information you need to register for state taxes or apply for tax exemption.
State Licensing Agencies
Access state agencies responsible for licensing and regulating New Mexico organizations.
General New Mexico Guides & Resources
These guides provide detailed, step-by-step instructions for starting a business or nonprofit, registering with state authorities, and establishing a compliant organization.
Fast easy instructions and affordable support for filing your New Mexico annual report.
Get your New Mexico construction licenses. Harbor Compliance assists with initial and renewal registrations in every state.
Licensing guide for energy industry registrations and licenses in New Mexico. Find detailed application, renewal, and reporting requirements.
If you are looking to obtain a finance license in New Mexico, Harbor Compliance can help.
Total cost, time, and step-by-step instructions to form a limited liability company in New Mexico. Do it yourself or purchase our formation service.
Total cost, time, and step-by-step instructions on how to incorporate in New Mexico. Do it yourself or purchase our incorporation service.
New Mexico Business Licensing Guides and Information.
Total time, cost, and paperwork to start your business in New Mexico today! Our affordable formation services are state-specific.
How to Start a Nonprofit Organization
Total cost, time, and how to start a nonprofit in New Mexico. Instruction and services to assist with your non-profit formation.
Comprehensive solutions (and free resources) to help manage your fundraising, tax exemption, license renewals, and other nonprofit compliance activities in New Mexico, and across the US.
New Mexico Business Licenses for Regulated Industries
Our licensing guides provide a wealth of information including requirements, filing instructions, fees, timelines to licensure, and more for a range of industries and activities.
New Mexico Corporate Filings
These web pages provide detailed information on state filings required to form an entity, register a name, gain authority to operate, maintain good standing, and more.
- New Mexico Corporation LLC Nonprofit Amendment
- New Mexico Entity Name Reservation
- New Mexico Fictitious Name Registration & Renewal
- New Mexico Nonprofit Articles of Incorporation
- New Mexico Registered Agent Service
- Obtain New Mexico Certified Copies
- Reinstate New Mexico Corporation LLC Nonprofit
- Start a New Mexico 501(c)(3)
New Mexico Tax Filings
Find the information you need to register for state taxes or seek tax exemptions.
- New Mexico Employer (Payroll & Withholding Tax) Registration Service
- New Mexico Sales & Use Tax Registration Service
- New Mexico Sales Tax Exemption
- New Mexico Tax Clearance Certificate
- New Mexico Tax Exemption
New Mexico State Licensing Agencies
Below is a listing of the state-level licensing agencies within New Mexico that a business should check for business license requirements.
- Attorney General - Charities Unit
- Board of Examiners for Architects
- Board of Landscape Architects
- Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Professional Surveyors
- Board of Pharmacy
- Department of Workforce Solutions
- Gaming Control Board
- Office of Superintendent of Insurance
- Private Investigations Advisory Board
- Public Accountancy Board
- Real Estate Commission
- Regulation and Licensing Department
- Regulation and Licensing Department - Board of Interior Design
- Regulation and Licensing Department - Construction Industries & Manufactured Housing Division
- Regulation and Licensing Department - Employee Leasing Program
- Regulation and Licensing Department - Financial Institutions Division
- Secretary of State - Business Services Division
- State Fire Marshal's Office - Fire Code Enforcement Bureau
- Taxation and Revenue Department
New Mexico Local Business Licences
Below is a listing of the local jurisdictions within New Mexico that a business should check for local business license requirements.
County / Parish
- Bernalillo County
- Catron County
- Chaves County
- Cibola County
- Colfax County
- Curry County
- De Baca County
- Dona Ana County
- Eddy County
- Grant County
- Guadalupe County
- Harding County
- Hidalgo County
- Lea County
- Lincoln County
- Los Alamos County
- Luna County
- McKinley County
- Mora County
- Otero County
- Quay County
- Rio Arriba County
- Roosevelt County
- San Juan County
- San Miguel County
- Sandoval County
- Santa Fe County
- Sierra County
- Socorro County
- Taos County
- Torrance County
- Union County
- Valencia County
City / Borough / Municipality / Neighborhood
- Angel Fire
- Bosque Farms
- Buena Vista
- Cannon Air Force Base
- Cedar Crest
- Church Rock
- Des Moines
- El Rito
- Fence Lake
- Flora Vista
- Fort Sumner
- Holloman Air Force Base
- Jemez Springs
- Kirtland Air Force Base
- La Mesa
- Las Cruces
- Las Vegas
- Los Alamos
- Los Cerrillos
- Los Lunas
- Los Ojos
- Mesilla Park
- Mountain View
- Ojo Caliente
- Radium Springs
- Red River
- Rio Rancho
- Sandia Park
- Santa Cruz
- Santa Fe
- Santa Rosa
- Silver City
- South Valley
- Sunland Park
- Tierra Amarilla
- Truth or Consequences