Nonprofit Compliance Specialist
Founded in 2012 by a group of government licensing professionals and technology experts, Harbor Compliance is a leading provider of compliance solutions for organizations of all types and sizes. Headquartered in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, Harbor Compliance partners with organizations in every state and over 25 countries abroad to help solve the most challenging compliance problems. Our clients range from the largest organizations in the country to fast-growth startups, and our deep industry expertise allows us to fully manage government licensing compliance in both nonprofit and business sectors.
The Nonprofit Compliance Specialist will facilitate compliance services to nonprofits of all types, sizes, and locations throughout the United States. Within our small-team work environment at Harbor Compliance, the Compliance Specialist will be in a unique position to help both nonprofit founders transform their visions into realities and assist staff members of established organizations achieve better outcomes. Working virtually with our clients in every state, the Nonprofit Compliance Specialist will guide clients throughout the full life-cycle of nonprofit compliance, from formation of 501(c) organizations to nationwide management of state compliance filing requirements. The Nonprofit Compliance Specialist will manage multiple projects at any given time and demonstrate strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills. The Nonprofit Compliance Specialist will also be positioned as a compliance expert in the nonprofit sector and assist with various marketing initiatives.
Key Measures for Success
Success in this position will be measured by the following:
1. Ensuring client satisfaction
2. Maintaining our company's 100% success rate of 501(c) applications with the IRS
3. Completing applications efficiently with great accuracy
4. Establishing oneself as a compliance expert in the nonprofit sector
5. Demonstrating leadership to efficiently move projects along to completion
Duties & Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Nonprofit Compliance Specialist include:
- Manage a workload of multiple open projects
- Consult with clients to determine eligibility and understand roadmap for establishing their organizations
- File nonprofit articles of incorporation and IRS applications (forms 1023, 1023-EZ, and 1024)
- Customize bylaws, conflict of interest policies, and related documents
- Prepare charitable solicitation registration applications, renewals, and extensions
- Consult with clients to provide outstanding support and guidance
- Ensure client satisfaction at all times
- Coordinate specialized assistance from other team members
- Work closely with our marketing team to publish articles, present webinars, etc.
- Complete any additional tasks as needed while maintaining a team-oriented, “whatever it takes” attitude
- At least 7-10 years of nonprofit leadership experience
- Experience with managing federal and state compliance requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe PDF, Email, and online project management tools
- Strong financial, legal, or accounting background
- Bachelors degree; advanced degree preferred
- Ability to collaborate with our team to achieve company goals.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously with great attention to detail.
Local candidates are preferred.
How to Apply
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We will route your interest to the appropriate team.
Harbor Compliance is an equal opportunity employer.
Join our team!
We are continually looking for outstanding talent. We are a proud compliance provider for a wide range of organizations, including: